Auto login Windows Server 2012: If you feel that your Windows Machine is highly protected, you can set auto login for Windows Server 2012, the latest Microsoft Windows Server Operating System. There are so many reasons why you may need to install Windows Server 2012 OS on your Personal Computer for testing purposes or may be for some other reasons. If your PC is secured with the host password, then you can configure Windows Server 2012 auto login. There may be a case where your Windows Server 2012 requires no password or may be used by so many people, at that times, you can set auto login for Windows Server 2012.
You don’t require to install any other software to set auto login for Windows Server 2012. You can use the preexisting configurations and a minor changes in the registry editor to accomplish this. Let’s see what need to configure to set Windows Server 2012 auto login.
Note: Be very cautious while editing the registry settings, make a note of what are all the changes that you are doing before proceeding.
How to Set Windows Server 2012 Auto login
Here is the step by step tutorial to set auto login on Windows Server 2012 by making a small changes in the registry editor.
- Press Win+R key to open cmd
- Type regedit and press enter button to open registry editor
- Head to the key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\winlogon
- Now, add the following strings here.
- AutoAdminLogon = 1
- DefaultUsername = currentUserName (Enter the user name you wish to automatically logon as)
- DefaultPassword = currentPassword (Enter the password of the above user)
- Now, restart the computer and you will see that your Windows Server 2012 auto login after the reboot with the user you have specified.
Now you should be able to configure auto login for Windows Server 2012 version without any difficulty.