“Kodi requires a jailbreak to download for your iPhone/iPad”- Stop saying this, as you can download Kodi for iOS 9/9.2 without jailbreak. Yes, what you heard is exactly true. Now you can simply download Kodi for iPad/iPhone as it no more requires your iDevice to jailbreak. For that matter now you can also download Kodi for PC as well but you require an emulator to do that. Here I will tell you how to download Kodi for iOS 9.3.2/9.3.1/9.4 devices without jailbreak. Of course the process is bit complex but it worth a great media player on your iPad/iPhone, so be patient enough for just a few minutes and bring techie in you to install Kodi on iPhone/iPad.
What is Kodi?
The replacement of XMBC, Kodi is an open source media player available for free for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch devices. It is developed by XMBC (Xbox Media Center) foundation. It was primarily developed as Xbox Media Center for first generation Xbox game console later it was made available for other Android, Mac OS X, iOS and Windows OS Platforms with the name Kodi.
As Kodi was not available in Apple app Store, previously it was required to jailbreak your iPad/iPhone in order to download Kodi for iOS 9.0.2/9.2/9. However, now you can easily side load Kodi to your iPad/iPhone without jailbreak running on iOS 9.2/9.0.2/9.1 with the help of iOS App signer. Want to know how? Come on let us explore it.
Download Kodi on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch without Jailbreak
It is all possible because Apple is allowing its users to sideload apps to iPhone/iPad through Xcode 7. We will use the same process to download Kodi for iOS 9/9.2 devices without jailbreak. Follow the steps as they are to get Kodi on your iPad/iPhone. If you are a bit familiar with Xcode then this is a cake walk for you to download Kodi on iOS 9/9.2 without jailbreak. However you will find all the steps easy as it is clearly explained.
- Connect your iPad/iPhone to the Mac PC with USB.
- It is assumed that Xcode 7 is pre-installed on your Mac, if not install Xcode for MAC PC
- Now you require to download Kodi deb file and iOS App Signer to sideload Kodi to your iPad/iPhone. Download Kodi deb files and iOS App Signer on Mac PC first to proceed to download Kodi for iOS 9/9.2/9.0.2. Place both the file on desktop.
- Launch Xcode on Mac PC and Click on Create a New Xcode Project
- Under iOS, Select Application and choose Single View Application and click on Next.
- Enter some sample Product Name, Organization name and Organization identifier and leave all other and click on Next
- Choose Desktop and you will see both .deb and App signer, just click on Create.
- In the Next screen, under the Identity, You need to select the Team that is your Provisioning Profile. Click on Add and Login with your Apple ID and then click on Fix Issue and that would resolve things.
- Then, go to Product in the top menu and select Destination and Select your Device.
- Now go to your desktop and open iOS App Signer. Browse to choose the Kodi deb file and select the Provisioning profile.
- Now click on Start button, this will create an iPA file on your desktop from the deb file.
- Now go to Xcode and select Window- > Devices-> Choose your iPhone/iPad from the left bar and click on + sign to add the iPA file. This will install Kodi on iPhone/iPad.
Now you can try to launch Kodi on your iPhone/iPad, it will open without any issues. This is how we can download Kodi for iOS 9/9.2/9.0.2 without jailbreak. Now you can use this open source video player to watch movies and play videos.