Downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1: iOS 9.3 is the latest iOS version released recently with many new features and notable improvements over the earlier iOS versions. If you have upgraded to iOS 9.3 from iOS 9.2.1 and if you now feel that iOS 9.3 is not for you now then you can downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1 very easily and later you can upgrade from iOS 9.2.1 to iOS 9.3 on iPad/iPhone or iPod. You might be aware of the fact that you will have very less time to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1 as Apple will stop signing the prior iOS versions. So, if you wish to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1 then do it quickly as you will miss out the signing window for the older iOS versions.
It is a well-known fact that is not recommended to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1 because of the reason that the updated version is always comes with the bug fixes and improved performance over the previous iOS versions. Apart from that, there will be better security and added features. So, think before proceeding to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1. If you have any particular app crashes or performance issues with some app, then it’s decision to downgrade to iOS 9.2.1 from iOS 9.3. Here is our guide for you to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1. All you require is a Mac or a Windows PC and a USB cable to connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to PC.
How to Downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1 on iPad/iPhone
The process to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1 is similar on any other iOS device such as iPhone or iPad or iPod Touch. You just require a Mac or a Windows PC and USB Cable. Just follow the procedure explained below to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1.
- The first step is to back up all the data to either iTunes or iCloud account. As this process is going to erase all the data on your iDevice and it is your risk if you skip this step.
- The next step is to download the iOS 9.3 IPSW firmware file for your device either it may be iPhone or iPad or iPod. Make sure to select the correct one and download it to your Mac or Windows PC.
- Now, connect your iDevice to your Mac or Windows PC with a USB Cable and open iTunes.
- Now select your device in iTunes. You will find the devices icon in the top left portion of the iTunes window.
- Now in the device summary section, you will find the Restore button.
- Click on Restore button to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1 (In Windows PC use Shift+click on Restore button)
- Now to downgrade to iOS 9.2.1 from iOS 9.3, choose the iOS 9.2.1 IPSW file which you have downloaded. Now the entire device will get formatted and it will get downgraded to iOS 9.2.1 from iOS 9.3 without any issues.
That the end of the process to downgrade to iOS 9.2.1 from iOS 9.3 on iPad/iPhone or iPod Touch. Now you can see your iPhone downgraded to iOS 9.2.1 and it’s your decision now to use it as a new iPhone or to restore backup from the iCloud or ITunes where you have backed up all the data.