How to Downgrade from iOS 9.2 to 9.1: Though there might be number of reasons that you should upgrade to higher iOS versions, there may be one particular issue why you want to downgrade to lower versions of iOS. Same is the case with iOS 9.2. Compared to the earlier versions of iOS, iOS 9 and iOS 9.1, iOS 9.2 appears to be much faster and better in its performance factors. Actually it came as a fix for many bugs in the prior iOS versions with wide range of improvements in performance and added features. It is common that you tend to upgrade to higher iOS versions if it is available for your device. Similarly after upgrading to iOS 9.2, some may wish to downgrade from iOS 9.2 to 9.1 for the reasons they have. If you wish to downgrade to iOS 9.1 from iOS 9.2, then here is the guide to help you.
If you are using iOS 9.3 and if you wish to downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9.2.1, then you should read this guide to downgrade to iOS 9.2.1 from iOS 9.3 or you can as well troubleshoot the upgrade issues after upgrading to iOS 9.3.
Downgrading to the prior iOS versions is not recommended by Apple and as well it is not possible if Apple stop signing the prior iOS versions. It is very unclear how long Apple will sign the prior iOS versions. Keeping all these matters aside, if you wish to downgrade to iOS 9.2 from iOS 9.1, then you should actually make it fast as you will miss the Apple signing window and ofcourse you won’t get any additional benefit by downgrading from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1. But this guide for those who still want to downgrade to iOS 9.1 from iOS 9.2.
Downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1
The procedure is same from any Mac device or Windows PC, you need to follow this step by step guide to downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 for any iPhone/iPad/iPod device.
- First you need to back up all the data to iTunes or iCloud before proceeding to downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1. You should do this otherwise you have forget about all the data in your iOS device either I may be iPhone or iPad or iPod.
- After the first step is done, you need to download iOS 9.1 IPSW for your iDevice, which you can download from here.
- Now connect your iPhone/iPad or iPod to your PC with USB Cable and open iTunes to downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1.
- Now you are almost done with the downgrade of your iPhone/iPad or iPod. Just Select your device in iTunes and click on the Restore button in MAC PC and Shift+Click in Windows PC.
- Now select the iOS 9.1 IPSW file which you have downloaded to downgrade from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1. Please note that this will erase every data in the iDevice and you will not find any traces of the data. So, please backup all the data before proceeding to downgrade to iOS 9.1 from iOS 9.2.
Once the downgrade is complete you can restore the data from the backup you have placed in iCloud or you can as well start using the device without restoring. If you really want to downgrade to iOS 9.1, then don’t delay and be quick as you will miss out the signing window from Apple. Think before downgrading from iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1 as iOS 9.2 has better performance compared to iOS 9.1.